Friday, December 9, 2011

Wow. Can't Believe this is Happening

Wow. This is crazy. I can't believe this is really happening. I'm kind of breathless with excitement. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and now it's finally happening. I've been excited, but I got on the website today and started researching things to be doing for fundraising and all the stuff I'm going to need and let me tell you: WOW. That's all I have to say. This whole thing is crazy and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what God is going to do.

The plan is to start raising support over the next couple weeks. I'm waiting for my support packet from Global Expeditions to get here, because I think that will have my ID number and whatnot so I can keep track of all my fundraising and whatever, but I'm working on ideas and trying to get stuff together so I'm ready.

I'm a little overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done. It seems like a LOT a lot, but that's why I'm starting now. I mean, I have six months, and I know that is more than enough time for God to provide everything I need and more. I'm a little nervous about the money. I have to raise almost $3,500, which just seems like a HUGE number to me, but I'm trying not to freak out, because, like I said, I know that God will provide. He's called me, and He'll provide a way for me to get there.

I guess I just wanted to post a little rambling opening blog even though nobody has the address yet. I figured this would be a good way for people to keep updated on what's going on and what I'm doing.

I'm so excited to go on this trip, guys. And I mean that I'm excited about EVERYTHING about it. I think that I'm as excited to get fundraising as I am to actually get on the field, because I know that I'm going to see God provide in awesome ways and get connected with so many people and it's just going to be an awesome experience. I'll get a blog up soon with all the details of the trip, ways you can donate if you feel led, and my heart for missions, the why's of why I cant to go on this trip.

So until then, God bless you guys. Thank you so much for reading.

xoxo,
Erika Rose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment